An interesting loophole for Chilean residency

I’ve been in Chile now again for the past few weeks, and I’m really glad to be back. There’s lots of exciting stuff going on here, but today I want to tell you about a new way of obtaining residency in Chile that I’ve recently discovered.

This is hot off the presses as I’ve just come back from a meeting with one of my attorneys, and I’m really intrigued by this, simply because of its simplicity.

We’ve talked on numerous occasions about different ways of obtaining residency in Chile. There are two main visa programs—the “person of means” visa and the work contract visa.

For individuals with an established independent source of income or assets, the best and easiest way to obtain residency in Chile is the so-called visa temporaria, what we often refer to as the rentista, or person of means visa.

As the name suggests, this visa category implies that you derive passive income from any type of investments, such as:

Continue Reading and Get Full Access Here >>

Share this article

About the author

Stay in the loop

Get our new Articles delivered Straight to your inbox, right as we publish them...

Share via
Copy link